Wednesday, July 17, 2013

When things turn upside down..

When God tests us, He does so in the most extreme way. Though it's a cliche already but people tell themselves that when God give them the kind of trials they have now, He knows they can handle it well and they can come out of it victorious. This is sort of a "comforter" to probably downplay the level of hardship they have to face or they are currently facing.

I am at the lowest point in my life now. Relationships are strained, finances are drained, health is not at its best, dreams are in peril..
I am not sure if God is certain that I can handle this.


Life offers many great and beautiful things. Things that make us appreciate that we are born in this world. We have our family, friends, and countless inanimate things that cause us to feel good and happy. We have numerous sources of joy in this lifetime but not every-time that they manifest themselves to us. They are elusive.

Despite the wonderful things, thorns are scattered along the way. And they are not there for nothing. We are bound to be "thorned"..we are bound to be "pricked" and we are bound to lose blood before we can reach the full blessedness of life. All that is asked of us is to adapt and survive.

For sure, life is a bed of roses. Sometimes, because of this truth, the idea of ending it all is such a convenient option. You know, ending it all so we can be spared from more difficulties and we can finally be set free from the bonds that suck the life out of us. There's no point in fighting when we can all still die in the end, right? Why prolong the agony?



However, we are not justified to do so. It would be a big sin. We own our lives, God gave this life for us to enjoy and savor the essence of His Love. Even though it is ours to spend, it is not ours to end. And besides, deliberate dying is painful. And we cannot tolerate self-inflicted pain for we are just humans with limitations. So live we should.



We sin. We commit mistakes. We misjudge situations. We hurt other people. We trust life so much. We rely too much on the help of God to the point that we exert less effort to get what we want or need. We trust too much which lead us to be assuming things. And it's painful when it doesn't happen and when things end differently. But it only takes a brave leap of faith to cope with all these.
God never goes wrong. Everything has a purpose - to make us better persons and make us become His creation deserving of His Love and Mercy. And with that, my Faith is still intact. It is unwavering despite the trials, despite the heartaches, despite the hardships. And He never fails to answer prayers -- in His most fashionable, surprising ways..and I am sure that I will be surprised again one of these days. He never ceases to shower miracles in my life even though I am sinful and at times, unrepentant with my wrongdoings. People close to my heart oftentimes second-thought in helping me but not Him. He provides. He is making sure I survive.

Therefore, I am lifting up my worries to him and trust that everything will be okay. If things are not meant for me, even if I so desire it in my heart, I cannot question Him and His plans for me. 

I will let myself be drawn by the pull that will lead me to contentment and happiness. 

God knows best.


I am on twitter: @kareenlacorte

No comments:

Post a Comment