Friday, September 20, 2013

The Apple of our eyes..


Today, I have something to thank God for..4 years ago today, God gave us a very precious gift our family have ever received.. It's the birth of Zieanna Reyn Knoelle..our Baby Zie..and today is her birthday.

I can't kiss her or hug her tight today because she's too far away from us. I can't cuddle her or tell stories to her. But I am writing this letter for her so when she grows up and read this, she'll know that she's truly loved and treasured by me and the entire family.. :)

 


Dearest baby Zie,

This might be the most unconventional intimate letter I have ever made/written to a loved-one because this can be seen by the public. But this is the only way I can tell you and the world how much you mean to Mima..

I never saw your Mommy while she's still carrying you. I was not around when she gave birth to you a month before you should be out of her tummy.You couldn't wait for another month! I saw you the first when you were three weeks or one month old when I went home to Mama Bebing and Papa Nono. You were so tiny and so fragile. You were asleep the entire time and when you're awake, your eyes were still closed but your little hands were moving as if you're boxing the air around you..You only cried when you were hungry..The moment I saw you, I discovered a kind of love that is almost deadly..it's the kind of love that energizes me and made me feel like I could die if that love is not within me..as if I was the one who gave birth to you..I became a mother also when my sister, your mommy gave birth to you..My love is hard to contain..And it was a struggle not to kiss you because you were so delicate..


 As you grew older, you became cuter and more adorable..when you learned to walk, mommy, daddy, Papa, Tatay, Mama, Nanay, and your Mima, Dadas, and Kuyas were having difficult time running after you..guarded you and made sure you're away from danger although you always found your way to it and kept hurting yourself because of your kalikutan..

When you learned to talk, you're unstoppable. You're like Mommy and Mima..super talkative..and at a tender age, you demonstrated an advance intelligence seldom seen or observed in babies your age..you're full of questions and your questions made me wonder if you're really just three years old. What I could not forget is when you asked Tito Jhon this.. "Friend, if magkasal kayo ni Mima, magkiss kayo?"..

I miss you so much baby zie..I miss those nights when I came home from work and you kept insisting to Mom and Dad to come out of your room shared with Mommy and Daddy just to see me, kiss me, hug me, and ask me.."Ano ang surprise mo sa akin Mima?"..

I miss our moments together when we laughed together and scared ourselves together when I made up scary stories just to make you sleep..I miss the nights when Mommy and Daddy were not around and you wanted so bad to sleep beside me, embracing me to make sure I don't come out of the bed when you're asleep and when you asked for me when you woke up without me in sight..Those were some of the moments that you made me feel like a mother..

The last time we had a bonding seems too far away in the past but it still lingers in my mind.. I still have our recorded voices when we sang 'Kahit maputi na ang buhok mo" and when we exchanged 'I love you's"..It will never ever be deleted in my phone..

 I miss you everyday..I cry everytime I remember how sweet a baby you are and how adorable you are..

I consider you my first child 'nak..I love you..of course, Mommy and Daddy's love for you cannot be equated..But I love you on that same level.. 

I hope you grow old to be a God fearing, kind, smart, and responsible person and strong and sweet and beautiful..I hope that you remain adorable and loveable as what you are now. Even though you are miles away from us, remember that our love for you remains the same..

HAPPY HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY BABY ZIE!!! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment