Friday, December 19, 2014

How do you want to be remembered?

Such a tough question.


Have you ever asked yourselves how you would want people to remember you when are already gone? What if you suddenly die without having the chance to tell the people around you what you feel? What if after reading this, you will fall into a deep sleep never to wake up again?

What if tomorrow never comes?

I personally want to be an inspiration to others. I want to be remembered as someone who did not give up her dreams despite the seemingly insurmountable obstacles. I want to be remembered as someone who lived a life that will restore your faith in humanity. I want to be remembered as a kind and compassionate person, a dedicated and inspirational individual.

I don't want to be remembered as someone rich, intelligent, or sexy or beautiful. I don't want to be remembered by the professional title that I have nor by the talent that I possessed (if ever I had one). Those are all superficial and don't even last.  



I want to be remembered as someone who have loved so much and who have fought hard for it. Someone who always forgives and offers help where it is needed the most. Someone who sacrificed for love and family.

But I also want to be remembered as someone who enjoyed life, who savored the blessings life had to offer. I want to be remembered as a lover of food and movies, a voracious reader, and a fun and interesting conversationalist and someone who has full of ideas and ideals. Someone who has a very contagious and unique laughter and who laughed with the simplest or corniest jokes.

By answering that question, I think you will also determine the purpose of your life and by that, live so people will remember you for leading a purpose-driven life.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment