Friday, February 3, 2017

Why did I NOT fall in love too many times?

Yes. I regret that I have not fallen in love too many times.

You see, I have been with my boyfriend for almost 11 years now.  It's not that I am not happy by his side and that I am not satisfied with the affection that I get out this relationship. However, I would have loved it if I experienced varieties of emotions. They say that one cannot have the same love twice, right? I would have preferred to experience severe heartaches enough to crush my soul. My love story would have been more exciting (although my relationship now is not without some sort of commotion).

I've had past relationships but they never really stirred anything within me that's worth remembering. The emotions I felt never really reached the core of my being. I really don't know why but I just think that I missed a lot in life for being so devoted to a single person for the most part of my life. It's not a bad thing really to love someone so deeply for too long a time but I think that I missed the opportunities to ripen my soul by meeting a few more men with whom I could have shared a unique experience in love.

Well, it's not like I'm always exposed to great men anyway (hahahaha). I'm not even pretty nor attractive. I'm not someone a guy would make a second glance to. I am plain and I think I am ordinary although I believe I have my own charms too (hehe).

Then I guess it's still a good thing that I am with someone who really loves me and sticks up for me despite all the odds. I love him too, enough that I could not imagine a day without him by my side, really. But it would have been nice to have our hearts broken many times so that we could love each other better and could treasure each other right.

But then staying with someone is a choice. I did make a choice 11 years ago and I think falling out of love is no longer on the table. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment