Wednesday, May 8, 2013

When you think no one cares..

I have always thought that no one notices my actions and no one feels that I have an impact in their lives. But a single gesture proves that all wrong. Let me tell you about it.

I am often fond of reading inspirational stories to motivate me and to strengthen me whenever I'm down. Now, I don't usually find it fun to share those stories because I think no one will ever read them. I have actually collected so many inspiring stories I meant to share but never did because of that thought. But not yesterday. I came across a story online and the message is too strong that I thought I needed to share it. I shared the story to almost all persons in my email address book.

This time, I did not expect any response. But I received one from someone I least expect to receive it. I call him Sir Boy. He was an Accounting Manager in my past employer. He is a good co-worker and a good friend. We worked together for a short period of time only in 2011 because I resigned. He is working abroad right now, in Middle East handling a managerial position in a big corporate company there. So far away from his family.

Below was his message to me which really made my day.

"Thank you very much Kareen for this very strong thought about life & Goodness of God. This message relieved me from being in  a low spirit most of the time. (mahirap mamuhay ng malayo at mag-isa).

best regards to you, God Bless!

boy
"


I know you are curious what was the story I sent him and to the rest of the people in my mailing list. I want to share this to you also. I hope this will help you when you need it. I do not own this story. From where I got this story, it says that this was a story or written by Tony A.B. Akinye. I do not know him and he does not appear to be a famous person to me but he sure touched lives by this story.

God is never wrong..
 
A king who did not believe in the goodness of God, had a slave who, in all circumstances, said: “My king, do not be discouraged, because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes!”
 
One day they went hunting and along the way a wild animal attacked the king. His slave managed to kill the animal, but could not prevent his majesty losing a finger.
 
Furious and without showing his gratitude for being saved, the nobleman said "Is God good? If He was good, I would not have been attacked and lost my finger."
 
The slave replied: "My king, despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good, and he knows "why" of all these things. What God does is perfect. He is
never wrong!"
 
Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his slave.
 
Later, he left for another hunt and was captured by savages who made human sacrifices.
 
In the altar, ready to sacrifice the nobleman, the savages found that the victim had not one of his fingers, so he was released. According to them, it was not so complete to be offered to the gods.
 
Upon his return to the palace, he authorized the release of his slave that he received very affectionately.
 
"My dear, God was really good to me! I was almost killed by the wild men, but for lack of a single finger, I was let go! But I have a question: if God is so good, why did he allow me to put you in jail?"
 
"My King, if I had gone with you in this hunt, I would have been sacrificed for you, because I have no missing finger, therefore, remember everything God does is perfect. He is never wrong."
 
Often we complain about life, and negative things that happen to us, forgetting that nothing is random and that everything has a purpose.
 
Every morning, offer your day to God, don't be in a rush.
 
Ask God to inspire your thoughts, guide your actions, and ease your feelings. And do not be afraid. God is never wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment