Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Why I don't hate Vice Ganda

I have been receiving hate comments from netizens when I posted my opinion that I don't think we should sensationalize the jokes of Vice Ganda on Jessica Soho being gang-raped due to the latter's size. I am not a fan of Vice Ganda nor Jessica Soho, by the way.




I just do not think that Vice Ganda had the intention to offend rape victims. He is a comedian. His brand of comedy is picking on the flaws of other people. Unfortunate for Jessica Soho to have been chosen the butt of Vice Ganda's joke. This is my opinion.

What I could not understand is - the very people who condemns VG's joke are the very people who best characterize the behavior that they are accusing VG of demonstrating. As a proof, here are the responses of netizens to my comment. Just plain tasteless opinions/comments.

danny  •  4 hours ago Report Abuse
ikaw kaya ma rape kareen mana ka sa idol mong bastos

Bushabu H  •  4 hours ago Report Abuse
Nakakatawa ba para sayo yung jokes tungkol sa rape? Eh kung rape-in kaya kita? Ipa gang rape ko kaya nanay mo? Rape-in ko kaya sa pwet anak mong babae na menor de edad? Siguro taob ka ngayon sa kakatawa habang iniisip yung mga sinabi ko.

pinkapple  •  3 hours ago Report Abuse
@kareen Grace..isa kng tanga....ndi ako natawa..FYI

Che Che Bureche  •  6 hours ago 
bastusin na yang Kareen na yan... Ok lang pala sa kanya ang mabastos eh... IpagangRAPE natin sa mga pitbull mo A Yahoo! User :D lol. ahahahha.

roberto  •  16 hours ago Report Abuse
@karen, pwede bang nanay mo gawing topic ni Vice kabayo sa rape?


There are others who expressed "educated" opinion on this matter and I respect them for that. See some below:

Yhumei_cute  •  18 hours ago Report Abuse
ang pinapatamaan nya naman kasi is yung katawan ni jesica eh.. kaya lang hindi kasi sya nag-isip hindi nya naman kasi kapamilya yung niloko nya malamang maraming kapuso at taong humahanga kay jesica soho ang magrereact para sa kanya, isang respetadong tao na gagawin mong katawa tawa sa harap ng napakaraming tao,, oo may mga binanggit syang ibang tao like kris, kim atienza, etc. eh mga kaibigan nya yun eh, anuman ang sabhin nya dun maiintindihan sya, iba ang isyu kay jesica hindi naman sila close para makipagbiruan sya... hindi ako against kay vice actually isa ako sa nanunuod ng mga shows nya, even the concert inabangan ko talaga na maipost sa you tube, pero nung narinig ko yung about kay jesica alam ko na talagang may magrereact, and ito na nga yun, hindi na nakakagulat.

Ice  •  18 hours ago Report Abuse
@ Kareen grace: to be honest when I saw the video on youtube, I didn't laugh with his remarks...Ako napahiya for Jessica Soho, I don't think she deserved to be treated that way....in the first place, taga-ibang network 'yun....she's a serious anchor woman. Kung ikaw natawa, something's wrong with you, you're very insensitive & soo mababaw.

Gary  •  18 hours ago Report Abuse
i don't care and im not a fan of jessica soho i believe jessica soho can take a cruel joke ( she is a big girl ), but what the problem is the concept " rape". that is tasteless and cruel to those people who experience being rape, molested and violated. and that is the reason why jessica soho react's, not because she is offended or hurt's. she is a accomplish and establish. so she can take the heat.

I think that Filipinos are really divided in all issues that hounds our country -- from Taiwan issue to this. I have already accepted that fact. VG already expressed his apology in public, which I personally think, is not necessary at all. I also understand that Jessica Soho cannot just take this in stride because she was made fun of (her weight to be exact). I just don't think Vice' joke is serious enough or should be taken seriously and be made a national issue. We should not take Vice Ganda seriously for that matter.


I also agree that rape is an issue that should not be in the same sentence as joke. But I think that it was unintentional and that VG did not mean anything as far as rape victims and rape per se is concerned. We are just sensationalizing this issue because there are opinion-makers like media personality who voiced their opinions in social media. Nakisabay na din tayo.


I am also disappointed by how some people justify their dislike on VG's joke and on VG as a whole. I hope this is not because he is gay.

I heard a comment this morning from a local broadcaster that VG has become a bad example to gay people, especially comedians, who are following VG's brand of joke. Let us not go that far. These people are earning legally for a decent living. Let us contain this issue, leave this behind us and move on to the more pressing issues at hand which is by the way, a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment