Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Realizations in Law School

It's been three years of agonizing nights trying to acquaint myself with the Philippine laws. It has been three arduous years that I have struggled to pass all my subjects without having to give up my job, without having to mess up my relationships with my loved ones, without having to drop dead for the sleepless, dreamless nights I have to endure and for living in a zombie-like state.

And so I was in deep thoughts when our professor required us to write an essay about our realizations in law school. I'd say, I realized a lot. I realized that the world is full of shit and the law have to attempt to correct them. I realized that human beings are capable of violent, repulsive, objectionable acts against one another and the law had to put up with all these. I realized, though lay persons can't seem to see it, that lawyers are the ordinary men who, at their own expense, made themselves extraordinary by moving mountains and by facing the challenge of standing up against the world of shit many buried themselves into just to protect their liberty, just to provide them peace of mind.

But of course, that's not what I have written in my essay. I would be too vulgar. And I would come out uncultivated for saying my thoughts so plainly and frankly. So I had to contain myself and I had to write something mellow and I hope I drove home my point. But sorry, I had to be vague and general because I can't write everything in one sheet of paper - what with my large handwriting (i just winced).

 So, here is my essay. Apologies for the crazy handwriting. 
 



It's not much, I admit. And this paper does not even deserve to be noticed. I just want to preserve it so that when I become a lawyer, I can go back to this paper and realize how simple-minded I was. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment