Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I didn't pray enough

This is the very first poem I just wrote since I graduated from college 9 years ago. This is admittedly a work of an amateur. Cut me some slack. :)



I didn't pray enough

I didn't pray a lot
because I didn't think I could ever ask enough
or I could ever thank enough
Him, the God above

I didn't think I could ask enough love
enough joy and enough tough
enough peace and enough care
For this world lost it's luster before my eyes
coz the world has shown me bad enough

I didn't think I could ever thank enough
for the food and for the thought
for the health and for being safe
For this world have given me enough
to think I need not Thank Him that much

But boy I was so wrong
for a prayer made
when bended knees are on the ground
can move mountains
standing proud and strong

Miracles don't happen just like that
for prayer can do that in a snap
when faith seem so silent
that's when you know it runs deep within

So pray when you can
but especially if you can't
for prayer is so powerful
than the world who seems to hold
all enough things in your life can be unfold



No comments:

Post a Comment