Monday, June 13, 2016

Anime Addiction

Okay. You all know that I am a law student. I hoped to take up Summer classes last May but unfortunately, I did not push through because of some circumstances I'd rather not share. So, I was left with almost three months of lonely nights and I didn't know how to survive the night without me stressing over my law books reading. Of course, I have lots of fiction books that I haven't read yet so I had enjoyable nights for at least two weeks after classes ended last April. After that, I got tired of reading so I said I would stop buying books for the meantime so I can rest my eyes and thoughts from reading and imagining. haha. 

Then my anime addict boyfriend "forced" me to watch anime series. At first, I was really not interested. I am already past the age where I can still be amused by anime. I've always thought that it's only for kids. I am already an adult and I should be watching news or documentaries or commentaries and all that boring stuff. But, having a persistent boyfriend is not a joke. So, in order to stop him from pestering me daily, I decided to try watching one anime series. And I've never looked back. I am completely hooked and you can say that I am beginning to develop a need to watch an anime especially before going to bed. I still love to read novels. In fact, when I am not watching, I have a book on my hand. I am currently reading a novel by Nancy Rosenberg while also finishing one anime series.

Classes will start this June already and by God, I would find time to watch no matter what. I know, given the number of series I've watched, you cannot say that I am already an addict but perhaps you would reconsider since I've finished these animes for only two weeks! 

You can watch the complete episodes of these series in http://anilinkz.tv/ if you are interested. :)

Here are the list of Animes I've watched and I would recommend these also to you.

1. Sword Art Online 
Plot: A Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online (SAO) is released. With the NerveGear, a helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds. On November 6, 10,000 players log into the SAO's mainframe cyberspace for the first time and discover that they are unable to log-out. They quickly discover from Akihiko Kayaba, the creator of SAO and NerveGear, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's castle and defeat the final boss if they wish to be free. Those who suffer in-game destruction or remove the NerveGear out-of-game will result in their real-life deaths.
 

2. One Punch Man
Plot: The story takes place in the fictional Japanese metropolis of City Z. The world is full of strange monsters that mysteriously appear and cause disasters. Saitama, the protagonist of the series, is the strongest hero, who easily defeats the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his power and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can present a challenge to him.

As Saitama is active as a hero, he meets various other heroes and villains. He gets a disciple, the cyborg Genos, and consequently joins the Heroes Association in order to gain official recognition. Despite defeating many strong monsters that even the Heroes Association’s top members are unable to defeat, Saitama struggles to gain respect. Most people look down on him due to his plain physical appearance, and some accuse him of being a counterfeit hero. Only a small number of individuals in the series recognize his talent and humility towards others.
 

3. Attack on Titan
Plot: The story of Attack on Titan revolves around the adventures of Eren Yeager, his foster sister, Mikasa Ackerman, and their childhood friend Armin Arlert. After the wall which protects their hometown of Shinganshina is breached by the Colossal Titan leading the other Titans to enter, Eren watches in horror as one of them eats his mother. Vowing to kill all the Titans, Eren enlists in the military, along with his friends.

The Titans are giant humanoid figures about 3–15 meters (10–50 ft) tall and are usually masculine in body structure but lack reproductive organs. Although they do not appear to need food, they instinctively attack and eat humans on sight; it is mentioned that they derive their energy from sunlight. In addition the Titans also do not have a proper digestive tract; once they have eaten their fill of human prey, titans will vomit their meal into large, slimy balls, derisively referred to as "hairballs". Finally, their skin is tough and difficult to penetrate, and they regenerate quickly from injuries, save for a weak spot at the nape of their neck. 
 

4. Ragnarok
Plot: This is a Japanese-Korean anime television series based on the MMORPG Ragnarok Online. The story happens in the same world of Rune-Midgard. An evil entity called the Dark Lord wants to create chaos in the world with the help of seven crystals that represent the seven ambitions (also known as the Seven Strengths) who sealed him away years ago.
 

5. HunterxHunter
Plot: The story follows a young boy named Gon Freecss who was told all his life that both his parents were dead, but when he learns from Kite, an apprentice of his father, Ging Freecss that he is still alive and has since become an accomplished Hunter, Gon leaves his home on Whale Island and take the Hunter Examination in order to become a Hunter like him. During the exam, Gon meets and eventually befriends three of the other applicants: Kurapika, the last remaining member of the Kurta clan who wishes to become a Hunter in order to avenge his clan and recover their scarlet-glowing eyes, plucked from their corpses by a band of thieves known as the Phantom Troupe; Leorio, a prospective physician who, in order to pay for medical school, desires the financial benefits Hunters receive; and Killua Zoldyck, another twelve-year-old boy who has left his former life as a member of the world's most notorious assassin family.
 

6. Mirai Nikki (I am still watching this)
Yukiteru "Yuki" Amano is a loner who spends most of his time writing a diary on his cell phone or talking with his imaginary friends Deus Ex Machina, the God of Time and Space; and Murmur, Deus's servant. One day, Deus gives Yuki a special diary, mentioning something about a game. Strangely, Yuki's new diary has entries in it spanning the next 90 days—entries about the future that come unnervingly true. Deus, revealed to be the not-so-imaginary God of Time and Space, then forces Yuki to participate in a battle royale with eleven other people, each of whom also has a diary that can predict the future in some unique way. The rules of this "Survival Game" are simple: the contestants must try to find and kill all the other contestants before the world ends on Day 90, and only the last one standing can prevent the Apocalypse and become the new God of Time and Space.
 

7. Fairy Tail (I'll be watching this after Mirai Nikki)
Plot: Lucy Heartfilia, a traveling Mage, meets Natsu Dragneel, a Mage looking for his foster parent, a Dragon named Igneel, with his best friend, Happy, a blue, talking and flying cat. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander of Fairy Tail and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer, a form of Lost Magic. He offers her membership into the guild, which she gladly accepts. They, along with the armored Mage Erza Scarlet, Ice-Make Mage Gray Fullbuster, and Happy, become a team performing various missions offered to the Fairy Tail Guild.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment