Monday, June 3, 2013

Charice, Cebu Pacific, Dan Brown..and a little of everything

I am happy to tell you that I will go back to school this June 2013. I will be continuing my law studies at the University of Mindanao as promised. (see related blog: http://seethingsthewayido.blogspot.com/2013/03/when-your-bestfriend-becomes-somebody.html). 

I just completed the 4th process in enrollment today..and I am so excited to finish the last stage! I will be writing more on this when classes begin this 10th of June. 


I'd like to thank my parents, brother Jayson, and sister Fretzie for supporting me..and to my man for encouraging me..I am also thankful to my bff, Atty. Lemuel Leal for the inspiration. I promise to do good. Of course, I am thankful to my employer because they are showing positive signs that they will consider my request for a change of shift so I can squeeze in my classes and be on time (every night, six days a week). I am thankful to my boss for the full support and understanding. Oh God, the pressure is on because a lot of people are expecting me to triumph in this. Guide me dear God..

--------------------------*********************----------------------------************************-----------------

Charice Mania and Lesbianism!

I watched the interview of Mr. Boy Abunda with Charice Pempengco on the Buzz last Sunday (June 2). It was so shocking to see Charice transform from being a "singing princess" to a lesbian..with all the short hair, tattoos, manly gestures/movements, and by admitting she is inspired by a girl. I was completely blown away.


 I have strong opinions on a female liking a female or in lesbianism in general as compared to gays maybe because I often see gays around flaunting their skills that I have come to accept that there are men who "prefers" or are "urged" to act, talk, and walk like women do but do not diminish their value and worth in the society.  

I don't judge female species wanting to act like men but I still could not fathom how is it even possible for a woman to fall in love with another woman much like I don't understand gays liking men. I do not condemn them because I am not in their position and I do not know how they truly feel. I just don't completely understand them. 

I hope that LGBT will come up with a better way to let the general public know, especially those who do not completely understand them yet, what really is happening why they are what they are. Many studies (medical, psychological, social) have come up to explain these but not in layman's terms. Meaning, not widely understood by majority of the people. This is like RH Law, many people are condemning the passage of the law but the proponent fails to completely educate the public what it truly is, what is its essence. 

I hope that LGBT will make more efforts to be UNDERSTOOD and not just to be RECOGNIZED. To let the conservatives open their minds and hearts and eventually accept. Did this occur by choice? or by urge? 

According to the Holy Bible, in the beginning of days, God created a man and a woman and nothing in between. This is the basic argument by which LGBT is made to be a sin.  But I'll say it is not for US to say whether it is against God's law. It is God's. Only God can really say whether He condemns this or whether this is part of his Master Plan for mankind. What we can do is maintain our RESPECT for them as human beings who were given a will to decide on their lives and how they will live it.

I respect Charice. I just hope she is sincerely happy. I also sincerely hope that this is not just a "phase" that she is going through otherwise, all of this is not worth it.

--------------------------*********************----------------------------************************-----------------


Cebu Pacific Horror!



The recent accident involving Cebu Pacific is not at all surprising to me. I had several bad experiences with this airline and vowed that If I have a choice, I will never ever ride on their plane ever again. This accident I think "was" an accident that waited to happen.

The first time I rode a plane was when I was tasked to travel to Nueva Ecija, Cauayan, Isabela, and Tuguegarao last 2011. It was supposed to be an exciting "first time" but it turned out to be a very traumatic experience for me. I don't want to belittle pilots because I know how many years they had to surpass to earn thier license to fly an aircraft but in this particular trip, I was so scared that I thought my spirit flew out of me. The final descent of the plane was so rough that I was praying to all the gods and goddesses and was shaking so hard because I thought that we will not be able to land alive! I let out a deep sigh of relief when the plane already halted. I could not believe we were alive. When  I traveled to Iloilo City with my cousin and aunt just this April 2013, I experienced the same horrific landing. Actually, when I learned that we were boarding Cebu Pacific, I wanted to back out but of course, I could not. 

I never experienced this when I'm flying on board Philippine Airlines or Airphil. Yes, CebPac is cheap. Value for money is also cheap! Meaning, our safety is cheap.  

Aside from that, Cebu Pacific customer service is the worst of all. I once missed a flight with them because they told me I was late for boarding when in fact I was already in line waiting to check in four (4) hours before my flight! The ground crew completely ignored me and like an automated machine, told me to purchase a new ticket instead. I suspected that they overbooked their online bookings at the expense of those who are already in line. 

So the call for boycott by the Ateneo De Davao President is just proper. The manner by which the CebPac crew treats their  clients is not how you wanted to be treated as a customer. See news - http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ateneo-de-davao-president-calls-for-cebu-pacific-boycott-111322169.html.

I applaud the aim of Gokongwei to provide cheap airfares to Pinoys since the vast majority could not afford expensive plane fare. But in doing so, they mislooked the importance of customer service in the process, which includes satisfying the customers by ensuring their safety and that they can go home to their families safe and sound. Gumawa ka na lang din naman ng advocacy na ganito, gumawa ka na lang din naman ng kabutihan, lubusin mo na. This goes to show that above anything else, this is still business. This still all boils down to profit.

It is good to know that no passenger was hurt during the accident. Otherwise, this would become Cebu Pacific's greatest nightmare.

--------------------------*********************----------------------------************************-----------------

Dan Brown is Right!

Dan Brown depicted Manila in his book "Inferno" as it is. Exactly as it is. The people who keep on commenting and reacting violently on this are hypocrites. The truth will set you free man.

Enough said.




No comments:

Post a Comment