And as what some scientists say that mankind have used up only 10% of his intelligence, maybe these laws are products of the rest of our intelligence.
You cannot quote me on this and I am not claiming that these laws actually exist. But I found these ten laws so ridiculous, funny, and at times, too encroaching on citizen's personal choices that I wanted to share them to you.
1. In Samoa, it's illegal to forget your wife's birthday. (What??!! Nakakaloka. Oo nga naman. Baka masira ang pagsasama and pati ang mga anak maapektuhan, maging problema pa ng lipunan.Check!)
2. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death. (Malamang. Baka kasi mabalian ka lang ng buto eh.)
3. In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog. (You might hurt it's feelings and bite you..tsk..tsk..)
4. In Oklahoma again, if DOGS wish to congregate in groups of three or more on a private property, they need to obtain a permit signed by the mayor. (So, the dogs must hire a representative to do this since they cannot write and even talk.)
5. In Florida, it is illegal to fart in public places after 6pm on Thursdays. (Any day and time but Thursday at 6pm! Scheduling pala ito!)
6. In Indiana, it is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public. (Putulin na lang kaya..)
7. In Colorado, a man cannot marry his wife’s grandmother.(What if the grandmother is filthy rich??)
8. In Lebanon, men are allowed to engage in sexual intercourse with female animals. If caught with a male animal, the punishment is death. (Yeah right, humans are animals too so, it's fine. But same sex is strictly prohibited here..)
8. In Hongkong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands (Hindi ba parang lugi naman??). The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ipakain sa pating!!!)
9. In Florida, anyone who takes a bath must wear clothes. (Oo nga naman, baka mabusuhan eh!)
10. In Ohio, Policemen are allowed to bite a dog if they think it will calm the dog down. (This is really news worthy!)
If you want to know more laws of this kind, you may click on these links.