Thursday, March 28, 2013

Love keeps us alive..

Yes. You are not mistaken. The subject matter of my blog today is about love. I do not normally talk about this phenomenon since I find it too cheesy..to sweet..too corny..too embarrassing.But not today. I want to engage in mental intercourse and I think this is the best subject. This subject, admit it or not, exercises our brains a lot because we can never truly fathom its depth..we can never explain nor discover why it is existent in the first place so we can never truly lose interest in discovering the explanation why it is here. Only God will be able to answer that, I guess. (I am even wondering if God knows why he feels it as well that's why He created us..considering that we are only causing him immeasurable pain). So, I am expecting a great mental orgasm tackling this subject. 

I won't be too poetic, though. I might bore you. Just read on..





Love is a feeling that must be cherished and be kept within the deepest recesses of our hearts, to be revealed only to those who are/is the real subject of such feelings. It's an emotion that is placed on center-stage in the lives of those who are driven by it..between lovers, between friends, between families..or between man and inanimate objects, like money for instance.

According to wikipedia, love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure ("I loved that meal") to interpersonal attraction ("I love my partner"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment.It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". And it may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.

Even wikipedia cannot validly decide on a single definition of love.

On a scientific point of view, biological basis, to be exact, love is a "mammalian drive" much like hunger and thirst. Therefore, I conclude from this premise, that we cannot live without it. Right.  

I think it is the most complicated feelings there is..

It can build and destroy families, friends, nations..It built the world and it is slowly destroying it as well..

Do you ever wonder why wars broke? Why crimes exist? Why the world is in shamble?

Because people love something..or someone..and we had to do what we did to express it, to protect it. I cannot honestly elaborate on this (or I am just lazy enough to think) but I strongly believe in this reasoning.

Recently, in the Philippines, we were witnesses to the roller-coaster love story of actor Cesar Montano and wife Sunshine Cruz, Sen. Chiz Escudero and actress Heart Evangelista, the basketball player James Yap and his estranged wife, Kris Aquino, and the brawl between actors Jayson Francisco and John Prats over comedienne Melai Cantiveros (not a love triangle, if I may emphasize). So loud are the issues surrounding their love story that they became a news fodder..their stories became a national issue that other concerns like the Sabbah crisis had taken a back seat. Well, i guess nothing is simple when love enters the picture.

A brokenhearted lover kills the love of his life because he cannot release her for some other guy. A husband and a father destroys his family over a mistress. An employee will create alibis/lies to his boss so he can keep his job so he can feed his family. A robber had to rob and kill an old woman so he can have money to send his ailing child to a medical institution. I can go on and on  about the many demonstrations and proof of love and the list will not end. Love clearly causes tragedy. In fact, love is tragedy.






Well, of course, there's the positive side. You know them already. You need no emphasis on this matter.

But whether love breaks you or make you to whoever you are now, I can say that love, above money, rules the world and keeps it from falling apart completely. It makes the world rotate in its axis. Love makes the mornings beautiful and evenings magical.

Like everything else in this world., love has two sides, good and bad, positive and negative. Each of us lives and dies because of it. This is the blood that flows in our veins (only, it's colored green. Kidding.) This is why we exist.

If you are looking for your purpose in life, you need no technical education or too much reflection. The answer is simply this. 

The world breaths only because of this.








I am not sure if this is even worth your time. :)


 love..love..love..

     


2 comments:

  1. love is worth everyone's time.. there are different kinds of love anyway.. love of God which is called divine love, eros, infatuation, brotherly love, love of parents to a child, love of a child to parents, tough love, conditional love, unconditional love.. hehehehe First time I read something like this from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes..it's a broad subject..too taxing to discuss because I really don't know it's limits..:) I think I was not able to drive home my point..halfway through, I got tired..it ended prematurely..thus, the last sentence..:) miss you slimwitch! by the way, how do you know who viewed you and where they come from.. you are creating quite a buzz here..:)

      Delete